[asterisk-users] TC400B and show transcoder

Ben Dinnerville bdinnerv at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 21:55:53 CDT 2007

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Ben Dinnerville wrote:
>
>> The problem occurs when we have external (pstn) calls coming into / out
>> of the system (via an iax trunk), in which case we have no control over
>> frame size, as well as occurring with handsets directly connected to the
>> system.
>
> Please contact Digium Support to work through these problems, as you
> have unlimited installation support with the purchase of the product.
>
> No, the TC400B does not provide any Zaptel 'spans', so it does not
> provide a timing source.
>
> What documentation is referring to the 'show transcoder' command? That
> command is not in either Asterisk 1.2 or 1.4, so we need to get that
> documentation fixed...

Hi Kevin,

Am working through the rma process at the moment :)

The document that describes the "show transcoder" command is the pdf on
the digium website -

http://www.digium.com/elqNow/elqRedir.htm?ref=http://www.digium.com/docs/TC400B/TC400B-user-manual.pdf

It is the only documentation I have been able to find on the card.

As mentioned, the command does exist (only available when a card is
present) on 1.2 but not 1.4 - if it is not meant to be in 1.4 i would
recommend getting it in there, it is nice to be able to know what is
happening on the system

Cheers,

Ben