[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.2 + Zaptel 1.4 + HPEC = Crash?

Trevor Peirce tpeirce at digitalcon.ca
Sat Aug 25 10:05:16 CDT 2007

Hello,

Has anyone tried the combination of asterisk 1.2.24, zaptel 1.4.5 and
HPEC 9.00.003?

In particular, with a hardware configuration similar to:

Module 0: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
Module 1: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
Module 2: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
Module 3: Not installed
Found a Wildcard TDM: Wildcard TDM400P REV I (3 modules)

I have two fully independent systems (both production, so I can't do
further testing unfortunately) that crash anywhere between an hour and a
day after booting under a minimal load.  If HPEC is disabled, the
problem is gone (but really bad echo).  If I use zaptel 1.2.20.1, the
problem is gone.

The result is a kernel panic followed by an automatic reboot.  Nothing
is written to log files so I cannot provide any debug information.  As
mentioned this has happened on multiple production machines and I do not
have any other "wctdm" cards to test with.

I would be curious to hear if anyone else noticed the same problem or if
they have it working.  What are the common denominators?

Thanks,
Trevor

--
Does your Canadian VoIP service need CRTC-compliant 9-1-1 services?  Please
visit http://www.digitalcon.ca/voip9-1-1/ to find out more!