[asterisk-users] IAX2 sofphones in use with dyndns (iax.conf)

Michael Billerbeck michael.billerbeck at gmx.de
Sat Aug 25 03:25:00 CDT 2007

Hi,

I'm using asterisk 1.4.11 and try to configure asterisk and iax phones with
dyndns.
I'm using ZoIPer (and ePhone) as softphones that support the IAX2 protocol.
The softphone on Side A is at:

phone-a.dyndns.org

The server is a Debian Linux Etch and dials up, makes dhcp, dnsmasq and
ddclient for itself.
The server on side A is:

server-a.dyndns.org

The softphone on side B is at

phone-b.dyndns.org

What parameters do I have to use for the iax.conf on server-a.dyndns.org?
Both phones don't register. If I do set "defaultip=phone-<x>.dyndns.org"
both phones register but we can't hear each other.
Thanks for your help!

Regards,
Michael

- - - - - - -
sip.conf
[general]
bindport=4569
bindaddr=server-a.dyndns.org

[phone-a]
username=phone-a
type=friend
secret=<verysecret>
auth=md5
host= dynamic 	; or do I have to use "host=phone-a.dyndns.org
			; maybe I need to use
"defaultip=phone-a.dyndns.org"?
context=my-iax-phones
dtfmmode=rfc2833
; trunk=yes|no
qualify=no		; some softphones don't like "qualify=yes"?
callerid="phone-a" <3000>

[phone-b]
username=phone-b
type=friend
secret=<verysecret>
auth=md5
host= dynamic 	; or do I have to use "host=phone-a.dyndns.org
			; maybe I need to use
"defaultip=phone-b.dyndns.org"?
context=my-iax-phones
dtfmmode=rfc2833
; trunk=yes|no
qualify=no		; some softphones don't like "qualify=yes"?
callerid="phone-b" <3001>

extensions.conf:
[my-iax-phones]
exten => 3000,1,Dial(IAX2/phone-a,20,mt)
exten => 3000,2,VoiceMail(3000,u)
exten => 3000,3,Hangup
exten => 3001,1,Dial(IAX2/phone-b,20,mt)
exten => 3001,2,VoiceMail(3001,u)
exten => 3001,3,Hangup