[asterisk-users] Stable-Stable Asterisk

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Sat Aug 25 00:58:24 CDT 2007

Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> Just how easy is it to roll back to the older release when the feces
> hit the fan?  Seems like making that simple would be pretty important?

Well, my opinion is that it is very easy.  If it's not, I'd be happy to hear it
so that we can make it easier.

The only thing you have to clean up, really, is deleting old modules.  Then,
even if you forget, the Makefile will give you a huge warning about modules
being there that it is not about to overwrite when installing Asterisk, meaning
that they are probably too old or too new.  The other thing to do is to review
the contents of the UPGRADE.txt file to be sure that the configuration doesn't
use any options that were deprecated in 1.2 and removed in 1.4.

--
Russell Bryant
Software Engineer