[asterisk-users] Stable-Stable Asterisk

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Fri Aug 24 12:27:14 CDT 2007

James FitzGibbon wrote:
> Let me ask a question myself: what kind of regression test does * undergo
> before release, and what level of traffic gets put through stuff like
> app_queue?  I assume it's not real-world scale, else these hard to pin down
> concurrency issues we're seeing would have been caught in test.

Let *me* ask a question.  :)  What level of heavy regression testing would you
*expect* of an open source development team?

We really do try very hard to test all of our changes.  We have community
members that work very hard to help test out the more invasive changes.
Furthermore, we have a lot of people run the code from the release branches
directly so that regressions are caught quicker, and hopefully before they make
it in to a release.

At Digium, we have a department dedicated to doing testing of our products,
including Asterisk.  Every bug that is found as a part of this testing gets
fixed in the open source branches as well.

--
Russell Bryant
Software Engineer