[asterisk-users] MYSQL problem and configuration

Jari-Pekka Lehtinen jp at speakplease.com
Fri Aug 24 04:56:55 CDT 2007

Greetings everyone

I've set up a call recording system on debian 4.0 with asterisk and mysql db
for handling user information (accessible over the net for users). My
asterisk is running on one machine and the mysql on another. The connection
is over lan. Now I have a problem and a question.

My problem is:
When mysql_real_connect doesn't get connection to the mysql server asterisk
pretty much freezes and doesn't let any info go in or out, even the CLI
freezes. I've seen a bug report on this but no solution(?)
Although this might be a bug with asterisk when I have the connection set to
a hosted mysql server (company that hosts our website during the testing
period) the connection works fine so I've come to conclusion that the
problem might be the mysql and/or debian configuration I have. SO...

My question is:
How should I configure mysql (and debian box) for asterisk connections?

Best regards
Jari-Pekka Lehtinen