[asterisk-users] Stable-Stable Asterisk

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Fri Aug 24 01:16:50 CDT 2007

On Thu, Aug 23, 2007 at 07:16:57PM -0400, Lee Jenkins wrote:
> Steve Totaro wrote:
> > David Gomillion wrote:
> >> On 8/23/07, *Ed Pastore* <epastore at ascp.com
> >> <mailto:epastore at ascp.com>> wrote:
> >>
> >>     Hi, folks.
> >>
> >>     I've been on the Asterisk Announce list for a while now, and it seems
> >>     to me that the release versions of Asterisk are a bit bleeding-edge.
> >>     They qualify as stable, but I wouldn't call them "production stable"
> >>     since half the time a new one comes out, a fix for it comes out the
> >>     next day.
> >>

> >> That's the niche that ABE is supposed to fill. I personally don't use
> >> it, though. I just test the features I plan to use, disable everything
> >> else, and seem to do OK.

What version of Asterisk is "current ABE" (something that would get
installed on a new system with no relation to other systems) based on?

> > I stay with 1.2.12 or somewhere around there.  "End Of Life" but seems
> > to have a better ticker than 1.4.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Steve
> >

> 1.2.12/14/17 all have seemed very stable to me so far.

Both of which are anecdotial evidences.

Now suppose I had a major stability issue with 1.2.14 which was solved
with 1.2.18 (or 1.4.1). I would simply be dropped off that tatistics.
You'l be just left with those for which "1.2 works better".

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com