[asterisk-users] Someone please explain FXO/FXS module/channel relationships in Zaptel configuration to me

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC mojo at horanappraisals.com
Thu Aug 23 14:47:38 CDT 2007

 From memory, your zaptel and zapata files look ok.  signalling for an
FXO module would be FXS, and vice versa.  As far as I can tell, you're
ok there.

Now, it's the FXO card that plugs into the phone line.  The FXS card
gets a phone hooked up to it.  Dialing the phone would be
   Dial(Zap/1...
and dialing out the phone LINE would be
   Dial(Zap/2/18005551212...
for example, to dial 1 800 555 1212