[asterisk-users] Someone please explain FXO/FXS module/channel relationships in Zaptel configuration to me

Robert La Ferla robertlaferla at comcast.net
Sun Aug 19 10:12:23 CDT 2007

Please explain the relationship between modules from the driver
(wctdm), the /etc/zaptel.conf file and zapata.conf.  Specifically, if
I have a FXS module 0 and FXO module 1, what should be used in
zaptel.conf and what should be used in zapata.conf?  Then finally, in
extensions.conf, what is the Zap channel for dialing out?  Zap/?

% dmesg
Module 0: Installed -- AUTO FXS/DPO
Module 1: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
Module 2: Not installed
Module 3: Not installed
Found a Wildcard TDM: Wildcard TDM400P REV I (2 modules)

% cat /etc/zaptel.conf
fxoks=1
fxsks=2

% cat zapata.conf