[asterisk-users] compatibility of PRI Two B channel transfers TBTC/2BTC

Matt Florell astmattf at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 06:31:02 CDT 2007

On 8/21/07, Matthew Fredrickson <creslin at digium.com> wrote:
> Matt Florell wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > A client has asked for Two B channel Transfer capability (known as
> > TBCT or 2BCT, similar to other features such as ECT, RTL and Q,SIG
> > Path Replacement) in a new Asterisk system and so I researched the
> > capability and came up with quite a few gaps in documentation.
> >
> > From what I've gathered, the official Digium statement is that is
> > works with DMS100 only, and only in Asterisk 1.4.X :
> > http://kb.digium.com/entry/26/140/
>
> This definitely works.  I wrote it and tested it myself.
>

> > Although in a bugtracker posting with a patch from over two years ago,
> > Matt Fredrickson from Digium says that it works with 5ESS under
> > Asterisk 1.2.X:
> > http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=3554
>
> There's an implementation I scrubbed out a couple of years ago, but I
> think there was a bug in it that I was not able to fix.  When push came
> to shove, and I needed a switch to debug it on (and when I had more time
> to work on it), nobody offered switch access so that I could debug it.
> So I don't think it is working right now.
>
> > There are also bounties and claims of this feature working on NI2
> > protocol(although no patches posted) on the voip-info.org Wiki:
> > http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+bounty+PRI+2B+channel+transfer+for+NI2+PRI+line
> > http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk%20bounty%20PRI%202B%20channel%20transfer
>
> Yeah, well, they're really old :-)  Try getting a hold of the authors.

I am trying to, I have sent a message to whitehawk82 on the digium
forums and hopefully he will post back to me. If anyone knows who that
actually is, I would like to get a hold of them, Please email me their
contact details.

Thanks for clearing all of this up Matt, Hopefully I'll be able to fix
the notes out there to give a better picture of all of this once I'm
done with this project.

Thanks,

MATT---