[asterisk-users] Call queue problem

Steve Totaro stotaro at mail.schoffstall.com
Tue Aug 21 10:25:27 CDT 2007

Nick Whitaker wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We have an 8 agent support desk setup with 2 call queues running
> Asterisk 1.4.5.  Every so often agents will receive a call from the
> queue that only rings once not allowing them time to answer.  The call
> doesn't seem to be dropped, just seems to go to voicemail.  The agents
> are also mentioning they do not receive the 30 second wrapuptime I have
> specified in queues.conf.  We're using polycom 501 phones and I'm adding
> agents to the queues using Addqueuemember().  I believe I have the call
> limits and limitonpeer settings right in sip.conf.  The only difference
> between the two queues is one has a higher weight.  Any suggestions
> would be greatly appreciated.
>
> [our-support-queue]
>
> musicclass = default
> strategy = leastrecent
> timeout = 12
> retry = 15
> wrapuptime=30
> weight=0
> autopause=yes
> maxlen=0
> joinempty=strict
> leavewhenempty=strict
> ringinuse=no
> context=queue-out
> periodic-announce-frequency=60
> announce-holdtime=no
> periodic-announce=my-prompt-29
>
> Thanks,
> Nick

I hate to say it but for any call center (or even PBX) that is not dev
or does not absolutely need the functionality in 1.4.x, I would use the
latest release of 1.2.x. One very nice function in 1.4 is whisper
coaching but I can live without that in place of stability.

I am rolling one server back as we speak. After running for a few hours,
the stop now command does nothing. Ctrl-C stops it but I cannot be sure
what other bugs are there so it is 1.2.X for me.

I will use one box running 1.4 trunk for the purpose of chan_mobile
unless that can be back ported to 1.2.x but I am not finding any docs on
that. This box will ONLY handle chan_mobile functions with a separate
box for SMS (Kannel). If it proves solid enough, maybe I will eliminate
the Kannel box.

Much less headaches with 1.2.x.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro