[asterisk-users] Redundancy / Failover

marek cervenka cervajs at fpf.slu.cz
Tue Aug 21 08:57:36 CDT 2007

>> Any one succeeded to make _Redundancy* / Failover  with  asterisk
>> 1.4.9 on centos with kernel 2.6.9-55.EL.   ***_
>>
>> Can you please send me the documentation link on how to or write down
>> how to .

hint

yum -y install heartbeat (on node1 and node2)
<configure heartbeat>

if you have configuration in mysql then set up master-to-master
replication (-> www.mysql.com)
or
generate ssh keys

priodically copy /etc/asterisk and /var/lib/asterisk/astdb from master
node to slave node
(astdb is needed because of sip registrations)

question1: do you someone know how to _easily_ find out which node is
master? (heartbeat) - now i have custom script for this

question2: it's possible read registration data from astdb from python/php
(or it is possible write sip registrations to mysql/sqlite?  i do not
want realtime because of NAT issues)

Marek Cervenka
Centrum Vypocetni Techniky
CVT 		- http://cvt.fpf.slu.cz