[asterisk-users] Firefly IAX2 configuration

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Mon Aug 20 03:31:21 CDT 2007

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007, bilal ghayyad wrote:

> Hi List;
>
> I am using Firefly softphone Version 1.9.9 Build 4521
> and I select IAX protocol and did the configuration in
> Network1 (and I checked the Active checkbox) as
> following:
>
> Server: 192.168.8.4
> username: iax2user1
> password: password
>
> In the Asterisk, I did the following configuration on
> the /etc/asterisk/iax.conf:
>
> [iax2user1]
> type=friend
> context=internal
> username=iax2user1
> secret=password
> host=dynamic
>
> Then I ran the following:
> #/usr/sbin/asterisk -cvvv
> CLI>reload
>
> But always I get a message at the firefly that an
> error occured while trying to connect to the network.
>
> What else I have to do?

Have you checked your firewall? Is it letting UDP data through to the
asterisk box on port 4569?

> By the way: what is the command that I can type it to
> do tracing on the user [iax2user1] or to do traces on
> any registeration attempts from the clients?

iax2 debug

will generate lots of output for you...

> Last thing, if I am outside the console (in unix mode), is there any
> command from unix I can type it to know if asterisk is running or not?

   ps ax | grep asterisk

is crude, but visual.

Asterisk stores it's PID in /var/run/asterisk.pid, so you could then read
that, and check to see if the process with that PID is actually running
asterisk.

ie. see if /proc/<number> existis, and if-so, see if it's actually
asterisk by reading /proc/<number>/cmdline

or just see if you can connect to it with the rasterisk command ...

Gordon