[asterisk-users] Firefly IAX2 configuration

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 20 02:47:45 CDT 2007

Hi List;

I am using Firefly softphone Version 1.9.9 Build 4521
and I select IAX protocol and did the configuration in
Network1 (and I checked the Active checkbox) as
following:

Server: 192.168.8.4
username: iax2user1
password: password

In the Asterisk, I did the following configuration on
the /etc/asterisk/iax.conf:

[iax2user1]
type=friend
context=internal
username=iax2user1
secret=password
host=dynamic

Then I ran the following:
#/usr/sbin/asterisk -cvvv
CLI>reload

But always I get a message at the firefly that an
error occured while trying to connect to the network.

What else I have to do?

By the way: what is the command that I can type it to
do tracing on the user [iax2user1] or to do traces on
any registeration attempts from the clients?

Last thing, if I am outside the console (in unix
mode), is there any command from unix I can type it to
know if asterisk is running or not?

Regards
Bilal