[asterisk-users] RAW asterisk!

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Fri Aug 17 19:35:27 CDT 2007

Bill Andersen wrote:
> I'm a network admin that maintains 3 commercial Asterisk
> servers for my employer.
>
> I am wanting to move away from the "pre-packaged" commercial PBXs
> to a more "pure" asterisk setup.  The systems I have utilize a nice
> web GUI to make changes, but it really limits what I can do beyond
> what they have programmed into their GUI.

Bill,

If you like working from Windows, you can also check out DialplanPro.
I've been using it for our few (so far) clients and our personal phone
system.

http://www.datatrakpos.com/pos/datatalk/Default.aspx

I wrote it to be more of a swiss army knife for Asterisk.  I like to use
the GUI "widgets"  and visual menu builder to build the basic dialplan
menus then use the editor (basic syntax highlighting, parameter
suggestions, etc) to write custom scripts using either traditional flat
asterisk script or AEL2 and INCLUDE them in the final project scripts
which can be automatically uploaded to the server.

I also use it to parse my AEL2 scripts remotely from my windows computer
using a hook into the aelparse executable written by murph.

Its still beta, but mostly because it doesn't yet have all the features
I want to eventually include in it.  Also, its commercial software or
will be someday.

--
Warm Regards,

Lee