[asterisk-users] Lock extension from asterisk

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Fri Aug 17 14:15:41 CDT 2007

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007, Andres Paglayan wrote:

> Guys, very nice dialplan programming,
> as a user's opinion, the two extension approach might be better.
> so the user doesn't need to remember whether the phone is locked or not,
> and accidentally lock it when the contrary was meant,
> (unless you send some sip text to the phone display)

I've experimented with sending text to a phone display... it's a bit hit &
miss... and of-course not all phone have textual displays, and some
require you to hit a key to display the text. I experimented with it in
speed-dial programming - trying to echo te number back to the display.
Worked a treat on GXP2000's (untile you got more than one message), but on
the Snom 300 it just seemed "fiddly" to get the message on the display.

Gordon