[asterisk-users] RAW asterisk!

Bill Andersen andersen at mwdental.com
Thu Aug 16 14:52:07 CDT 2007

Gordon Henderson wrote:
> I started with (a).
>
> But since you have a dial-plan that does most of what you want, why not
> extract the dialplan (extensions.conf, etc.) and start with that?

I may be showing my ignorance here, but from what I 'understand',
there are two ways to save config information.  Either in the text
files (extensions.conf, sip.conf, etc) OR in a database (MySQL).
My particular commercial asterisk stores their config in a DB.

I've looked a the extensions.conf and there isn't anything having
to do with my extensions in that file.  It looks stock.

That being said, I guess I could get onto the mysql command line
and look around, but I think I would rather set up a 'pure' asterisk
box and get used to editing the files manually - so I understand them.

OR, is the DB way to go?  That's why I'm asking for opinions!

Bill