[asterisk-users] zaptel update locks up computer from 1.2.9.1 to 1.2.19

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Wed Aug 15 20:22:45 CDT 2007

I am trying to update a machine with a TE210P card setup as PRI. Running
Centos 4.4.

I stop asterisk, I do service zaptel stop. I look at lsmod and all
zaptel modules are unloaded.
I compile zaptel 1.2.19, I install zaptel.
when I do the service zaptel start, the machine locks up.

I reboot the machine and it locks up when loading zaptel.

I have to shutdown the machine, take out the card, recompile the old
driver, and reinstall it,
shutdown the machine, reinstall the card, then reboot. The machine boots
and its working again.

What is going on here??? How can I get it to update to the new version?

Jerry