[asterisk-users] Dialplan / AGI autoanswer question

Nicholas Blasgen nicholas at blasgen.com
Wed Aug 15 17:22:23 CDT 2007

> First, it seems I have to have a 2 - 3 second wait before the AGI call in
> order to get valid CID data.  Usually 2 seconds suffices for this one
> setup
> but during that time the caller has had two rings before the local
> extension
> has even begun to ring.  Is there something I am doing wrong that causes
> it
> to take so long to get the CID?

Check out the CDR configuration.  I do my CDR via MySQL and I don't think
that does buffering, but I know for sure the normal CSV format (and standard
configuration file) has options for buffering before saving.  I can't really
think how that would change recieving the CDR information during a call, but
it's possible something along those lines.  I'm making it up really since
the more I think about it the less that sounds possible.  But search the
documentation on the CDR or maybe ask the Asterisk Dev group about when the
CDR fields get filled.  It might even be possible that CDR infromation isn't
accessable untill the line has been answered and that's the delay.

Finally, if I call from a remote site, it goes to voicemail, I hang up
> before leaving a message, and then quickly call right back again I get
> what
> sounds like a fax tone.  I'm not specifying anything about faxes in the
> extensions.conf and zapata.conf has all the fax stuff commented out.  My
> voicemail extension looks like

What is the channel type to the remote site?  IAX, SIP, analog?  I've seen
alarm systems that pick up analog lines they're attached to if thre are back
to back calls.  That's the best I can come up with there.  Maybe someone
else has a better idea.