[asterisk-users] Sangoma Wanpipe installation problems

Rory Campbell-Lange rory at campbell-lange.net
Wed Aug 15 07:08:20 CDT 2007

I'm trying to install wanpipe on my new 2.6.21-2-amd64 core 2 duo
machine (Debian's amd64 works with EMT64 too) to run Asterisk. I'm
getting compilation errors when trying to install the wanpipe utilities.

We are intending to use a Sangoma A102 card for ISDN30 in the UK.

I've tried both the current stable 2.3.4-10 release and the new
wanpipe-3.1.3 beta release of wanpipe.

The first fails due to the recent kernel version. The second fails
as follows:

    "/usr/bin/ld: i386 architecture of input file `../lib/hdlc/wanpipe_hdlc.o'
    is incompatible with i386:x86-64 output

Any help gratefully received.
Rory

--