[asterisk-users] Asterisk Manager to Record Greetings

Anselm Martin Hoffmeister anselm at hoffmeister-online.de
Sun Aug 12 14:24:55 CDT 2007

Am Freitag, den 10.08.2007, 11:26 -0500 schrieb Peder @ NetworkOblivion:
> That's great, now say you have 5 or 6 AA's and each one has 10 different
> parts that you want to record ("thank you for calling..."  "for Steve
> press 1" "for dave press 2").  Rather than having to record a long
> message, I want to break it into pieces so that if "dave" leaves, we can
> just record that one chunk rather than the whole thing.  I would need
> lots of extensions pre-setup for each chunk.  Not very efficient.
>
> Gordon Henderson wrote:
> > On Fri, 10 Aug 2007, Peder @ NetworkOblivion wrote:
> >
> >> I am trying to use Asterisk Manager via php to record auto attendant
> >> greetings and I just can't figure out how to do it.  I've got the php
> >> page working and I can click to call between two phones.  However if I
> >> click to call just a single phone and then try to enable "monitor", when
> >> I pick up the ringing phone, it just hangs up and doesn't record
> >> anything.  I'm sure I just don't know the appropriate syntax.  Has
> >> anybody done something like this?  I can do the php stuff, I just need
> >> the Asterisk Manager syntax.

I did something similar using multiple records in a row.
Something like

exten => 931,1,Answer()
exten => 931,2,Wait(2)
exten => 931,3,Set(E=1000)
exten => 931,4,Playback(beep)
exten => 931,5,Set(E=$[${E} + 1])
exten => 931,6,Record(/tmp/asterisk-recording-${E:1})
exten => 931,7,Playback(/tmp/asterisk-recording-${E:1})
exten => 931,8,Wait(2)
exten => 931,9,Goto(4)

This will loop: beep, record until "#" pressed, replay, wait, beep...
The files will be written with ascending numbers starting "001". Move
them to another place before doing the next recording session.

HTH
Anselm