[asterisk-users] Asterisk Manager to Record Greetings

James FitzGibbon james.fitzgibbon at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 11:47:40 CDT 2007

On 8/10/07, Peder @ NetworkOblivion <peder at networkoblivion.com> wrote:

> That's great, now say you have 5 or 6 AA's and each one has 10 different
> parts that you want to record ("thank you for calling..."  "for Steve
> press 1" "for dave press 2").  Rather than having to record a long
> message, I want to break it into pieces so that if "dave" leaves, we can
> just record that one chunk rather than the whole thing.  I would need
> lots of extensions pre-setup for each chunk.  Not very efficient.

You could front it with something other than extensions.  I tag all my
recordings with a 4 digit number, but I use an AGI script to manage them.
The AGI (written in Perl) authenticates the user, then lets them punch in
the announcement number.  A database lookup translates the announcement
number to the pathname of the the file, then the user gets the choice to
listen to the existing recording or re-record it.

Adding new announcements is a simple SQL insert.

TMTOWTDI

--
j.