[asterisk-users] LumenVox Speech Recognition http://www.cognation.net/asterisk/Tellme/index.htm

Dean Collins Dean at cognation.net
Sat Aug 11 12:31:05 CDT 2007

Basically I tried to pitch the concept of an ASP based speech
recognition SIP service  to Tellme back in 2005 as a JV in that they
provided the software and ports and I (eg investors) provided the
servers and bandwidth.
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/tellme

In 2006 they came out with a JV with Skype doing exactly this (it went
no where).

Now that Tellme have been acquired by Microsoft there is no way they
will bring this about.

What I was trying to achieve is the ability for any Asterisk server to
have access to an immensely scalable Speech recognition engine (think
Amazon EC2 but this was before this service was available).

Anyone would be able to write an application and 'pre-pay' for a block
of minutes for as little as $10 and then when a call comes in to your
asterisk server via voip or tdm on your premises it could be routed via
the internet using sip off to the central cpu servers for speech-rec
processing but the minutes would only accrue while they were connected,
once the call was 'rerouted' to it's destination the charges wouldn't be
incurred (eg you might only use 30 seconds at a time).

So far I haven't found a speech rec vendor interested in setting this up
- they continue to complain that the asterisk market is too small.

Regards,

Dean Collins
Cognation Pty Ltd
dean at cognation.net