[asterisk-users] Ordering BRI From AT&T

Trevor G. Hammonds trevor at concipient.net
Sat Aug 11 12:05:09 CDT 2007

Bill,

I am not aware of any commercial Asterisk-compatible cards that support
North American BRIs right out of the box.  The best I have been able to come
up with was a card sold on eBay, where the seller promises to supply a patch
that needs to be applied to Asterisk (based on BRIstuff) so that it will
support North American BRIs.  The driver allows only one SPID per BRI, so
multiple DID/MSNs are not supported.

Fortunately, PRIs are relatively cheap in California.  As such, I have not
yet made a concerted effort to find a card that does all that I need over
BRI -- though I am really interested in having this capability.  I wish the
Digium BRI card had the drivers for North American ISDN.  Such a shame that
they went to the effort of getting FCC approval, but didn't bother to do the
work to actually make it work in the US.

As for ordering BRIs from AT&T:  In California, there is an ISDN group that
handles PRI/BRI orders.  They are available at 1-800-4PB-ISDN.  I believe
the correct number for Michigan is 1-800-552-8647.  If that is incorrect, or
they do not know about BRIs, call the California number and ask if they have
the corresponding number for Michigan.

Hope this was of some assistance.

		Sincerely,
		Trevor Hammonds