[asterisk-users] Ordering BRI From AT&T

sales at failsafevoip.com sales at failsafevoip.com
Fri Aug 10 13:26:34 CDT 2007

Hello everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me with this.  I have a business customer in
the U.S. (Michigan, AT&T Territory).

I need to get 4 trunks into an asterisk Box.  My intention is to use an
Eicon Diva Server card with 2 BRI Circuits.  The reason for this is that
the business needs DID's on the trunks (20 of them).  A full or fractional
PRI is overboard for them, as they will never need more than four
channels.  I also don't really want to go with any kind of analog trunk
for other reasons (Disconnect supervision, potential echo problems, etc..)

I've called AT&T About a dozen times now, and no-one can tell me who to
call in order to get a BRI.

Is anyone familiar with how to order a BRI from AT&T (Or a CLEC that
covers Michigan)?  I need 2 BRI Circuits (4 B Channels) with 20 DIDs
accross the 4 circuits.  Also, can anyone confirm that an Eicon Diva
Server BRI Card will in fact support North American BRI?

Are there any less expensive cards that will handle North American BRI?

Any help highly appreciated
Bill