[asterisk-users] Asterisk Manager to Record Greetings

Anthony Francis anthonyf at rockynet.com
Fri Aug 10 11:29:09 CDT 2007

Gordon Henderson wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Aug 2007, Peder @ NetworkOblivion wrote:
>

>> I am trying to use Asterisk Manager via php to record auto attendant
>> greetings and I just can't figure out how to do it.
>>

> I can't help but think you're making life hard for yourself.
>
> Why not do it by dialling a code on the telephone and having the dialplan
> Record() what's being spoken rather than go to the bother of writing PHP
> to call asterisk via the monitor interface...

One idea is to just have PHP allow them to upload their pre-recorded
greetings and then have a menu where they can select which greeting they
are playing and when. Maybe you cna even get a browser plugin app to
allow them to record it in realtime, and also give them the option to
dial in and record the aa using a file code as the others suggested.

Anthony