[asterisk-users] forking from a dial plan?

David Gomillion david.gomillion at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 18:49:23 CDT 2007

On 8/9/07, Andres Paglayan <andres at paglayan.com> wrote:

> On Aug 9, 2007, at 4:32 PM, C F wrote:
>
> > Local channel should be able to accomplish that, what exactly are you
> > trying to do?
> >

> this is one of the specific scenarios, I got many others,
> (for the shortsighted, this can be used in any case you don't want to
> wait for a chain of steps to complete before triggering another)
>
> e.g.
>
> 1./ a call goes on queue,
> 2./ no agents are logged in,
> 3./ then, an announcement is played,
> 4./ other options are played
> 5./ then, the call is transfered to the voice mail,
> 6./ manger gets a ring with a record,(no-one-is-logged-in-damn-it)

Why wouldn't you put #6 as #3, and have it generate a .call file to make a
new phone call?

forking out of the dial plan,

Some commands, like Background, will allow execution to continue. So, it
obviously can be done, when needed. But most things that need to happen
should happen in order. If it's complicated enough to be done out of order,
then AGI is probably more appropriate anyway.