[asterisk-users] forking from a dial plan?

Andres Paglayan andres at paglayan.com
Thu Aug 9 18:08:19 CDT 2007

On Aug 9, 2007, at 4:32 PM, C F wrote:

> Local channel should be able to accomplish that, what exactly are you
> trying to do?

this is one of the specific scenarios, I got many others,
(for the shortsighted, this can be used in any case you don't want to
wait for a chain of steps to complete before triggering another)

e.g.

1./ a call goes on queue,
2./ no agents are logged in,
3./ then, an announcement is played,
4./ other options are played
5./ then, the call is transfered to the voice mail,
6./ manger gets a ring with a record,(no-one-is-logged-in-damn-it)

Steps 3 - 5 can take up to one to three minutes to complete,
while I want 6 to be triggered asap, not afterwards 5, nor before 3
(thus inserting a delay)

I can do it from within an agi script, by forking it,
(i.e. returns to the dial plan execution, while continues to run itself)
but I wonder if anybody figured (or if there's an specific
instruction for)
forking out of the dial plan,