[asterisk-users] LIBPRI - video calls over ISDN

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 12:31:32 CDT 2007

On 8/9/07, Oscar Patricio <oscar at iportalmais.pt> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have following scenario:
>
> PBX <-> Asterisk <-> ISDN E1 line
>
> The asterisk box relays calls from the E1 to the PBX and vice versa.
> Additionally some outgoing calls of the PBX are being sent over VoIP
> providers instead of using the E1 line.
>
> I have one problem:
>
> Video calls starting from the PBX and sent over the ISDN E1 line are not
> working. With zaptel version 1.2.7 and libpri 1.2.3 they were working
> fine. I upgraded to zaptel version 1.2.19 and libpri 1.2.5 and these
> calls stopped working.
>
> This is the error that client displays: *
> H.221 negotiation timeout: Turn off and restart the system and try again.*
>
> Is this a known problem?
> Is there any configuration that must be done to allow video over ISDN?
> Is any driver alteration/recompilation needed for these calls to work?
>
> Is this merely related to libpri or do the zaptel drivers have influence
> in this functionality?
>
> Thanks in advance for your info,

Hi,

Sorry, this is not an answer to your question, but I would be REALLY
interested how you ever made that work at-all. It there a FAQ you
could point me at? How do you initiate an H.221 ISDN call via Zaptel
for example?

I have never heard of this feature, so perhaps this is some external
Zaptel/Asterisk patch that was in your 1.2.7 build that is not in your
new build?

Thanks,
Steve