[asterisk-users] Major Digium Card Problems

randulo spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 08:40:28 CDT 2007

On 8/8/07, Michael J. Liberatore <mike240se at straightandnarrowinc.org> wrote:
> First problem, the card with 4 FXO ports is fine until there is a storm in
> the area, then all 4 lines are massively static filled making phone calls
> barely understandable until the system is rebooted or the zaptel modules are
> unloaded and reloaded.

I have experienced that same state randomly on one phone connected to
a TDM400 with three FXS. It happens one one particular phone and
changing the phone to a different module doesn't help. I can only
assume the phone has some characteristic that the FXS doesn't like.
Only an unload-reload of zaptel cures the problem.

Note that unplugging or plugging in a phone will often result in this
condition as well.

/r