[asterisk-users] strange warning

Rizwan Hisham rizwanhasham at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 06:21:40 CDT 2007

Hi all,
I am using an asterisk as a client to connect to another asterisk server by
registering with the register string. Registration is done without any
hassel, but after sometime my asterisk loses the registration with the
server and the server starts displaying the following msgs repeatedly:

[Aug  9 06:37:59] NOTICE[8380]: chan_sip.c:8151 check_auth: Correct auth,
but based on stale nonce received from '<sip:diet at magnum.axvoice.com>'

I dont know what is the problem. Can somebody explain me this?  Below is my
client configuration.

[general]
bindport=9060
bindaddr=0.0.0.0
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
allow=g729
allow=gsm
context=incoming
allowexternalinvites=yes
register=> diet:pepsi at magnum.axvoice.com:9060
registertimeout=10      ;(default 20 secs)
registerattempts=10     ;set it to zero for infinit attempts

Following is the server sip account im using for my client asterisk to
register:

[diet]
username=diet
type=friend