[asterisk-users] Monitor doohicky got event Event 160 on channel..

Diego Iastrubni diego.iastrubni at xorcom.com
Thu Aug 9 02:25:54 CDT 2007

On Thursday 09 August 2007 09:40, Philipp Kempgen wrote:
> Because you are logging debug messages :-P
>
> ---cut---
> ; Debug mode turns on a LOT of extra messages,
> ; most of which you are unlikely to understand without an understanding of
> ; the underlying code.  Do NOT report debug messages as code issues, unless
> ; you have a specific issue that you are attempting to debug.  They are
> ; messages for just that -- debugging -- and do not rise to the level of
> ; something that merit your attention as an Asterisk administrator.  Debug
> ; messages are also very verbose and can and do fill up logfiles quickly;
> ; this is another reason not to have debug mode on a production system
> unless
> ; you are in the process of debugging a specific issue.
> ---cut---

And that is my question, what is that message. My first assumption is that
debug messages are for debugging - which means something can be wrong , and
those messages will help me. As a develop (he.... wrong list...?) I would
like to know what help can I gain from those messages.

> So if there is no problem with your system just don't enable
> debug mode.
See Tzafrir's reply, that would explain much more.