[asterisk-users] Monitor doohicky got event Event 160 on channel..

Philipp Kempgen philipp.kempgen at amooma.de
Thu Aug 9 01:40:57 CDT 2007

Diego Iastrubni wrote:

> I am seeing on my logs this message:
>
> Jun 13 09:14:51 DEBUG[4944] chan_zap.c: Monitor doohicky got event Event 160
> on channel 3
> Jun 13 09:14:51 DEBUG[4944] chan_zap.c: Monitor doohicky got event Event 160
> on channel 3
>
> (repeated much more then what I will show here).
>
> I see that it comes from static void* do_monitor(void *data)   	in chan_zap.c,
> but I do not understand what does it mean, and now why is it spamming my
> logs.

Because you are logging debug messages :-P

---cut---
; Debug mode turns on a LOT of extra messages,
; most of which you are unlikely to understand without an understanding of
; the underlying code.  Do NOT report debug messages as code issues, unless
; you have a specific issue that you are attempting to debug.  They are
; messages for just that -- debugging -- and do not rise to the level of
; something that merit your attention as an Asterisk administrator.  Debug
; messages are also very verbose and can and do fill up logfiles quickly;
; this is another reason not to have debug mode on a production system
unless
; you are in the process of debugging a specific issue.
---cut---

So if there is no problem with your system just don't enable
debug mode.

Regards,
  Philipp Kempgen

--
amooma GmbH - Bachstr. 126 - 56566 Neuwied - http://www.amooma.de
    Let's use IT to solve problems and not to create new ones.

Geschäftsführer: Stefan Wintermeyer
Handelsregister: Neuwied B 14998