[asterisk-users] Sangoma BRI card -- National ISDN/North America support (Having problems with analog disconnect supervision?)

Stephen Bosch posting at vodacomm.ca
Wed Aug 8 18:58:39 CDT 2007

Hi, folks!

Sangoma has an informal user survey up on their home page (at
http://www.sangoma.com) asking if people would use their A500 card for
North American BRI, if it were supported.

I encourage anyone with an interest in voice BRI in North America to
vote; this information will be used for deciding whether to make the
investment in developing a National ISDN driver layer for it. Benefits
to users of BRI include the vastly better call quality and call control
signalling, without having to pay hundreds of dollars a month for a
fractional T1. (Say goodbye to analog lines left open and the resulting
busy signals!)

For anyone who is curious: Sangoma is writing their own driver layer for
this card, not using bristuff or woomera.

In other words, if they decide to go ahead with it, this would be a new
contribution to the marketplace, with the bonus of having Sangoma's
solid drivers and excellent support behind it. Just having decent,
affordable hardware will remove a big roadblock to going digital for
sites with fewer than 10 channels. Full disclosure: I would like to see
this happen, as I've got plans to move our own offices and some client
offices to BRI.

I encourage you to vote, as well as offer Sangoma your personal
feedback, if you can spare the time.

Cheers,

-Stephen-