[asterisk-users] les.net losing DID's

Jon Pounder JonP at inline.net
Wed Aug 8 14:12:31 CDT 2007

Quoting Mail list <asteriskmaillist at gmail.com>:

In general how painful has this sort of thing been to people so far ?

I am pretty hesitant to put any sort of number like that on
letterhead, website etc., when there might be doubt about having it
long term when its provided by a small company. It seems you do voip
to save money but to have long term stability you have to get a number
from a large company and the savings disappear, or the terms are
restrictive to use, or some other negative, and then you end up doing
nothing.

> Yes they are co-operating to port DID to another provider and they have
> given time till august 23 so DID will continue to work till then  but they
> are not providing any substitute DID though ( i dont expect that ) but
> atleast they should partially refund amount for remaining days ( i dont
> expect that either :P ) .
>
> On 09/08/2007, Stephen Bosch <posting at vodacomm.ca> wrote:
>>
>> Mail list wrote:
>> > Just got mail from them saying my NY DID will be deactivated in few days
>> > . Funny thing is their site is still showing orderable DID's of  same
>> > area code . Anybody else got this ?
>>
>> Wow. That is totally unacceptable.
>>
>> Are they going to give you the option of porting the DID?
>>
>> -Stephen-

Jon Pounder

    _/_/_/  _/    _/  _/       _/_/_/  _/    _/  _/_/_/_/

Inline Internet Systems Inc.
Thorold, Ontario, Canada

Tools to Power Your e-Business Solutions
www.inline.net
www.ihtml.com
www.ihtmlmerchant.com
www.opayc.com