[asterisk-users] Method for scripting options specified in make menuconfig

James FitzGibbon james.fitzgibbon at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 08:52:51 CDT 2007

On 8/8/07, arkda <thrills3k3r at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been digging around and I haven't found a way to do this, but I have
> a feeling I'll feel like an idiot because it's something I'm over looking.
>
> Normally if I need to specify an additional option (such as different
> language sound files) or I'm building an Asterisk server with a lean
> configuration and need to remove some modules I do so with 'make
> menuconfig'. I've ran into a need however to install Asterisk entirely from
> the command line, so I'm looking for the method of accomplishing what I've
> normally done through 'make menuconfig' solely from the command line.
>
> Anyone know how this is accomplished?

After you run make menuselect, you'll have a file  'menuselect.makeopts' in
your asterisk source dir.  Copy that to /etc/asterisk.makeopts (or
~/.asterisk.makeopts) and it will be used for future builds.  Once you've
copied the file over, do a 'make distclean ; ./configure ; make' to check
that it worked.

It's the same idea for asterisk-addons, except you copy its
menuselect.makeopts to /etc/asteriskaddons.makeopts.

--
j.