[asterisk-users] Outbound dialing

John Millican jmillican at sentinelcommunications.com
Wed Aug 8 07:52:59 CDT 2007

On Wednesday August 08 2007 8:28 am, Tim Johnson wrote:
> Hi Drew. Thanks for the tips. My Line 1 works as I'd like it to, and I
> could be wrong, but I don't think changing the dialplan there will help. I
> really just want to be able to dial local phone calls (7 digits) and have
> it go out the SPA3102, without having to dial twice. This is a snip what I
> have so far.
>
> extentions.conf
> exten => _NXXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/201/${EXTEN},20)
> exten => _NXXXXXX,2,Hangup
>
> sip.conf
> [201]
> type=friend
> username=x
> secret=x
> host=dynamic
> context=sip
> nat=yes
> canreinvite=yes
> qualify=yes
> subscribecontext=localextensions
> dtmfmode=rfc2833
> vmexten=voicemail
> disallow=all
> allow=ulaw
> allow=gsm
>
> On the SPA (in the "PSTN Line" tab)
> Dial Plan 1:  (<xxxxxxxS0:@gw0>)
> Dial Plan 2:  S0<:255>
>
> DialPlan 1 is just what I have for now
> DialPlan 2 is my extention 255, with a PSTN call comes in it rings my SIP
> phone.
>
> I set my VoIP Answer Delay to 0 (from 1, I also tried 5 some time ago) and
> I set the SPA To PSTN Gain to 5 and now 15.
>
> With things the way I have them now, when I dial a local number, I get a
> single DTMF tone on the phoneline, not sure what digit it is.

<snip>
I believe you want to put the dial plan in line 1 and reference gw0 there.
 >On the SPA (in the "PSTN Line" tab)
Should be in line 1 tab
 > Dial Plan 1: (<xxxxxxxS0:@gw0>)
Dial plan should be in line 1 dial plan:
normal-dial-plan| xxxxxxx<:@gw0>|[49]11<:@gw0>|some-more-dial-plan-if-needed
notice where the < is in relation to the digits
this will send all seven digit calls out the PSTN and also all 411 and 911
calls out the PSTN line and also 411 and 911 calls.  If you leave the PSTN
dial plan as factory default it should work.
If memory serves.
JohnM