[asterisk-users] Outbound dialing

Tim Johnson tjapml at cometonovascotia.ca
Wed Aug 8 07:28:55 CDT 2007

Hi Drew. Thanks for the tips. My Line 1 works as I'd like it to, and I could be wrong, but I don't think changing the dialplan there will help. I really just want to be able to dial local phone calls (7 digits) and have it go out the SPA3102, without having to dial twice. This is a snip what I have so far.

extentions.conf
exten => _NXXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/201/${EXTEN},20)
exten => _NXXXXXX,2,Hangup

sip.conf
[201]
type=friend
username=x
secret=x
host=dynamic
context=sip
nat=yes
canreinvite=yes
qualify=yes
subscribecontext=localextensions
dtmfmode=rfc2833
vmexten=voicemail
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=gsm

On the SPA (in the "PSTN Line" tab)
Dial Plan 1:  (<xxxxxxxS0:@gw0>)
Dial Plan 2:  S0<:255>

DialPlan 1 is just what I have for now
DialPlan 2 is my extention 255, with a PSTN call comes in it rings my SIP phone.

I set my VoIP Answer Delay to 0 (from 1, I also tried 5 some time ago) and I set the SPA To PSTN Gain to 5 and now 15.

With things the way I have them now, when I dial a local number, I get a single DTMF tone on the phoneline, not sure what digit it is.

Tim