[asterisk-users] E1 or analog line

Erik Anderson erikerik at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 23:53:17 CDT 2007

On 8/7/07, fateme fatah <faza_404 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi:
> I want to have conference call(meetme) service with asterisk and 30
> users.Now do I use  1E1 or 30 analog lines with due attention to high price
> of E1 line?And which interface card do I use?

I'm not sure what analog prices are in your area, but I'd be fairly
certain that the costs for 30 analog lines would be *far* more
expensive than an E1 line. Cost aside, terminating and managing 30
analog lines will be a big pain.  Go with the E1 - it'll save you many
many headaches.  I've only worked with Sangoma interface cards, but
they've worked flawlessly for me so far.