[asterisk-users] TE207P Question

Jared Smith jsmith at digium.com
Tue Aug 7 09:31:24 CDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-08-07 at 09:01 -0500, Jeremy Mann wrote:
> I’d like Span 1 to receive a PRI from the phone company(US PRI).

> I’d like Span 2 to interface with a Nortel Phone system as a
> PRI(acting as the phone company)

[snip]

> Do I just need to make both PRI signaling?  See below:

Your config files are close to being correct, but you're missing one
little detail.  On the first span, you'll want to set your signalling
(yes, you have to spell it that way) in zapata.conf to pri_cpe, as
you're acting as the CPE (customer premises equipment) end of the PRI
connection.  On your second span, you want to set signalling=pri_net, so
that Asterisk acts as the network (telco) side of the PRI connection.

As an added note, you may want to change the timing setting on your
second span= line in zaptel.conf.  If you're acting as the telco, you
might want to send timing to your Nortel, depending on how the Nortel is
configured.  (The way you currently have your spans configured, you're
telling Zaptel to get it's timing from both the telco and the Nortel,
and the card can only sync to one timing source at a time.)

--
Jared Smith
Community Relations Manager