[asterisk-users] Learn some terminalogy before mountingthistask.

Ryan Amos ramos at finetooth.com
Mon Aug 6 11:24:59 CDT 2007

The 7914 only works under SCCP; the SIP firmware does not support it at
all (the expansion panel won't even power on fully.) The SCCP channel
driver under Asterisk doesn't really support the 7914 very well,
currently it will only show onhook/offhook state (though there has been
much discussion recently about changing this.) If you want to do this
with SIP then you're better off with something like the grandstream
mentioned, or just use the Flash Operator Panel (IMO it gives you more
flexibility at a much lower cost.)

I have personally found "receptionist phone" functionality handled much
better with FOP. I have a 7914 and its functionality (and usefulness) is
very limited under Asterisk.