[asterisk-users] Telco is not detecting HangUp w/ TDM400P

Alex Pankratov Alex.Pankratov at logmein.com
Mon Aug 6 02:45:29 CDT 2007

Hi guys,

I spent a couple of hours in Google, but the problem
appears to be uncommon, so I'd like to ask about it here.

The problem is exactly the opposite to "Asterisk does
not detect FXO hangup". In my case it's the Telco who
does not appear to be detecting Asterisk's hangups.

Telco is Telus in Vancouver, Canada. The setup is very
simple -

 Telco -> FXO/TDM400p -> * -> softphone

The log is -

    -- Starting simple switch on 'Zap/4-1'
    -- Executing [s at incoming:1] Answer("Zap/4-1", "") in new stack
    -- Executing [s at incoming:2] Dial("Zap/4-1", "IAX2/alex|5|r") in new
stack
    -- Called alex
    -- Call accepted by 192.168.1.102 (format gsm)
    -- Format for call is gsm
    -- IAX2/alex-2 is ringing
    -- Nobody picked up in 5000 ms
    -- Hungup 'IAX2/alex-2'
    -- Executing [s at incoming:3] Hangup("Zap/4-1", "") in new stack
    -- Hungup 'Zap/4-1'

At this point the caller (say, me on my cell phone) still
sits connected and enjoying the white noise. The longest I
waited was about 20 seconds and then I hung up.

Similar problem is described here (November 2006) -

http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2006-November/024768.html

but there's no solution and the discussion is not very
helpful.

Any pointers and/or ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Alex