[asterisk-users] AGI and exec Playback

Kevin Smith kevin.smith at mercury.net
Fri Aug 3 20:07:46 CDT 2007

I'm not sure of a way to do it through AGI, but I know you could make
the script take the recording, use sox to convert it to the file format
you need, then maybe use like a Flash media player to control the
playback of the sound file. It is a bit clunky but it was just one of
the ideas (the better ones) that came to mind when I was reading this.

On our system, I created the option to call your extension with the call
and play it back using ControlPlayback, or it converts it to a simple
file format (such as wave, or mp3) and you can then download it and use
a media player and do what you want with it.  Otherwise I'm not sure
what you can or cannot control with AGI in reference to playing sound
files.

Hopes this gives you a few ideas,
Kevin