[asterisk-users] Measuring Jitter in Asterisk

Jared Smith jsmith at digium.com
Fri Aug 3 15:53:11 CDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-08-03 at 13:38 -0700, Douglas Garstang wrote:
> What I do want to do is record QoS data to every single ITSP in real
> time.

If the provider sends RTCP packets, you could simply watch for those and
write the data to a database.  (I think modern versions of Asterisk even
allow you to get to the data from the dialplan, and possibly from the
Manager Interface.)  That at least gives you some per-call statistics.

Beyond that, there's not a whole lot you can do with Asterisk itself,
unless someone gets around to writing a Call Quality Detail Record
module for Asterisk that would log the call quality stats on a
call-by-call basis.

Another option might be Packet Island's VoIPCare for Asterisk[1].  It
sounds like a nice solution, but I haven't tried it, so I can't say
whether or not it would work for you in your particular circumstances.

[1] http://www.packetisland.com/page-voipcare-for-asterisk.html

--
Jared Smith
Community Relations Manager