[asterisk-users] Measuring Jitter in Asterisk

Douglas Garstang DGarstang at interainc.com
Fri Aug 3 15:38:04 CDT 2007

Jared, that won't do. I don't want to run the wireshark GUI, and I don't
wan't to run it on every single Asterisk box, connecting back to a local
X server running on my desktop. I also don't want to capture the RTP
data, and store it somewhere for later analysis. I'm looking at a
situation here with millions of subscribers and dozens of ITSP's.

What I do want to do is record QoS data to every single ITSP in real
time. I can then lease cost route based not just on route cost, but also
on historical QoS data. Whatever tool is used to collect the QoS data
has to stick it somewhere, such as MySQL, and then when I route a call,
I will have to query that data from MySQL.

> Inside Wireshark, go to Statistics, RTP, Show All Streams, and then
> select a stream and hit the "Analyze" button.

I'm trying to avoid post-eyeballing the data.