[asterisk-users] Next Friday at 12:30 PM EDT: Asterisk Users Conference TDM inside and outside the box

randulo spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 10:24:33 CDT 2007

Hi folks,

The August 3 edition of our Friday conference call and podcast kicks
off in just over and hour. I know the list isn't delivering properly
but if a few people  get this it'll be better than none.

We are going to be talking today about TDM inside and outside the box.
I own some antiiquated X100P FXO and a couple of TDM400p with the FXS
modules. This is how our company's litle pbx talks to two incoming
POTS lines and three regular phones connected to it. It also has a
long list of IAX and SIP providers connecting it to the rest of the
world. I am currently in the US so I use one of my 800 numbers to take
control of the asterisk box in Paris and make "local" calls in France
for a few pennies a minute. We also can send and receive SMS and of
course receive vmail via email.

But enough about me. What are you doing about connecting? And more to
today's point, what ATA are you using to connect without opening the
box and installing hardware?

Digium makes the IAXy, Sipura (whatever the name is today) has several
SIP models,  Grand<cough>stream as well. What else is out there and
how well do they work?

Join us:

 http://AsteriskUsersConference.org

As Matt said somewhere, this conference is like a forum. It's a chance
for you to give back some of the valuable information and experience
into the community without writing a line of code. I've been using
asterisk for a few years and while I don't write code for it, I've
experimented a lot with lots of hardware and a long list of providers.
I've had time to learn a lot about the real world of all this stuff
and I'm willing to share what I know. How about you?