[asterisk-users] MySQL + Realtime + SIP Registration

Mark Greene markgreene at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 14:24:45 CDT 2007

I have read and followed as much as I can find but I am missing something.
What I want to do is get as much as I can running from mysql and keep the
*.conf files for static things. So I have setup a SIP users/peers table in a
mysql database and I have populated it with a few peers. I have configured
asterisk addons and from the asterisk CLI I am able to search the sip users
/ peers tables using the "realtime load" command. This is after i added
"sipusers => mysql,asterisk,sip_users" to my extconfig.conf file. However I
don't know what to do to get asterisk to look at that table when a request
to register comes from a sip peer. I understand that sipusers and sip peer
are contradictory but they are all defined as peers.