[asterisk-users] How to use stun server?

Rizwan Hisham rizwanhasham at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 10:01:16 CDT 2007

hi again.....well i have been trying to know what is the relationship
between asterisk and stun. what i mean is, i understand that a client
requests stun server to know whether its behind a nat or not. if its not,
then its ok. if it is behind nat, then what? Now client knows what kind of
nat it is behind, what is the roll of asterisk in it. asterisk already knows
client's public ip whether its behind nat or not, if the client is
registered. So how does stun simplify things if there are nat problems.

After requesting stun server and recieving the required information from
stun server.....what happens next?
I hope im clear in stating my problem.

Hope to hear from you soon