[asterisk-users] Slightly OT: SNOM & PoE

Anthony Cennami acennami at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 13:15:31 CDT 2007

Hello All,

I apologize for the slightly off-topic question, but I'm sure that the
people best acquainted with the issue would be hanging around here.

We recently deployed several Linksys POE switches for some smaller customers
(10-24 station) and appear to be suffering from intermittent lock-ups of the
SNOM phones attached.

Obviously we are running Asterisk for the gateway, but I was curious if
anybody has experienced similar issues.  Phones will run fine, and then
intermittently (and at different times for different ports) the phones will
lockup and require a hard reboot.

I've read on voip-info that the SNOM phones are apparently sensitive to
lower-end network equipment, presumably with PoE only aggravating the
problem.

Question is, what are people using today to deploy PoE, and more
importantly, PoE to SNOM phones?

I believe the model we're working with is the SR224P from Linksys, and the
entire model line of SNOM (3XX)

Could anybody recommend some well-used/tested PoE equipment that you've
found successful in your SNOM envionment?

Looking for density of 24-ports plus, and ideally some lower end and higher
end equipment, to satisfy the needs of the wide variety of customers we do
business with?

Thanks,

anthony

--