[asterisk-users] Hardware that can ring my phone?

Jared Smith jsmith at digium.com
Wed Aug 1 09:03:31 CDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-08-01 at 06:48 -0700, Linux Lover wrote:
> I am a small business owner in need for a solution
> that automatically answers an incoming call, prompts
> the caller via touch-tone menu ("press 1 to leave a
> message, press 0 to speak to a representative") and
> will ring my (real) phone ONLY if requested by caller.

Assuming the incoming call is coming in on an analog phone line, you
need a card such as the Digium TDM11B... this provides one FXO port (for
connecting to the incoming phone line) and one FXS port (for ringing an
analog phone).  It's not the only way to do it, but it's probably the
easiest (and a great way to get started with Asterisk, I might add).

--
Jared Smith
Community Relations Manager